If I offer you this new subject is in a purely historical, and especially to highlight the evolution of "life Polytech" a little more than three decades ... I just hope, sincerely and do not cause too many regrets nostalgic!
In those halcyon days indeed (I mean the 70s) and like a lot of other university towns, folklore was an integral part of student life Mons and was very well accepted, even appreciated by the vast majority of the population. I probably will come back, but remember now that you could cross the city from one side alone, drunk as a pig and yelling all your directory bawdy songs, the greatest risk threatened you were good to trip over a garbage bad row, or slipping on dog dirt forgotten! The penne, apron and mug around his neck (yes, the real pint glass!) Attracted sincere and friendly smiles, and how many times have I not read in the unknown looks a real complicity and a genuine desire to be "part also "? Authorities and the constabulary itself accepted folklore, and I do remember that very few interventions of our officers at the time ... dare I add that they knew them to distinguish between a student and a nicely rowdy rogue power? (Thanks to censorship not to cut me, this is personal opinion and does so as my little person).
"O tempora, o mores" as saying the other ... ago 2000 years!
fact remains that in such an environment, it was natural that our good old city of Mons is dotted with bistros student attendance almost exclusively ... The Wawas had their own, much less Fucam (given their geographic isolation), and I will not speak as frankly cafes tend Polytech ... I rely on my course contemporaries and predecessors to correct any errors and omissions inevitable.
I find it almost impossible to classify them in a certain "order" (by chronology, by importance, etc. ...), but I will try to mention every time: the official name followed by first name (of ) patron (s), 0 to 3 stars (in parentheses) represent the expected frequency of guindaille taking place there, location, and various comments and facts that occurred there.
Come, courage Verjus, you have to throw yourself!
- Chez André "(**), Rue de la Clef (opposite the Marché aux Herbes) closed at 74 or 75; patron who must have enough pulpy lot of" odometer "... Oufti!
- "Archduke" or "At Yerno" (spelling not guaranteed), (***), about thirty yards to his left hand when you take the street Nimy coming from the Grand Place. Guindaille many natural and drop point of all those returning to the city on Sunday evening ...
- "Le Beaulieu" which I only remember the last boss Robert Vasseur (Vibro said, because "my sister"), (***), on the Grand Place and on your right as you face the theater, should be called "the Central" now. Had the honor of having his toilet blocked by my penne, which I naively exchanged with that of Manu, an IRAM (ISIC), unworthy of my confidence in the era of the "Polyram. Nothing to do with Manu Janssen, I say!
- "L'Oeil de Boeuf" or "Chez Denise" (*) to the right of the entrance of the old slaughterhouse. Hideout Borains and Central kotter does not the City, and of course that chevilleurs the slaughterhouse. Rustic style, rather old boss and especially nice, must have closed in 80?
- "The Two Lions" or "At Sammy" (***), hand left into Leopold first coming from the station, almost opposite the monument with a globe of which I no longer know the name. Theater of the first interpretation of Song of the university, the same day it was written (October 75).
- "In Bobonne" (), left hand when you walk on the Grand Place from the street in the Causeway. Same comments as for the bull's-eye, the chevilleurs less ...
- "The Driver" (Chez Albert, then at Willy) (*), just around the corner in front of the City when you go to Houdain. It used the "Supra", all others being "Jupiler"! Obviously enjoyed the proximity effect, but existed only 4 or 5 years ...
- "The Mast" or "Chez Alain (and Christianity)," (**), opened in 76 or 77, are still at the corner of Arquebusiers and avenue Frère Orban, and has also always the same furniture! Christiane there doing the catering, so I've spent all day typing the card to his unforgettable Pink Floyd. A totally changed style with the departure of Alain in 1979 ...
- "The Boulevards Café" or "At Nado" (*) at the corner opposite the bank when you go to the City of Dolez labs (currently the headquarters of an insurance company, I think?). Very popular on the stroke of 15h when we had lab, or when you fancy a game of billiards "slug". A shed at the back we welcomed after Baptism, and also served to prepare the "magic potion" that you know well! Valve to an oil tank was torn off at the end of a dinner Carolo ... hello trouble!
That, I think I made the turn ... I would add simply that the first 4 pubs in the list were the steps of the famous "Rally Cafés my bleusaille, but this is another debate ... !
Go to plusss! Your devoted
Verjus
0 comments:
Post a Comment